Summary of Beliefs
- The Bible alone is the source of doctrine
(2 Timothy 3:15; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; Matthew 4:4)
- God entrusted the Hebrew-speaking community to
preserve the Old Testament, including supervision of the Festival Calendar, and the Greek-speaking community to preserve the New Testament
(Romans 3:1-2; Acts 7:37-38)
- There is one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ
(1 Corinthians 8:6; Matthew 22:42-46; Psalm 110:1)
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God
(Jeremiah 51:15; Genesis 1:1-2; Micah 3:8; Zech. 4:6; Romans 8:14)
- God’s plan for humanity is revealed in the observance of the seventh day Sabbath and the annual Holy Days of the Bible
(Exodus 20:8-11; Hebrews 4:4-11; Leviticus 23:1-44)
- The Psalmist, King David, and the early
Church cherished the Law of God. The purpose and intent of Law is summarized in the two great commandments: Love God and Love your neighbor
(Psalm 119:1-176; Matthew 5:17-28; Matt. 22:37-40; Deut. 10:12-13; Leviticus 19:18; Romans
13:8-10; 1 John 5:3; Rev. 12:17;14:12)
- In essentials, unity; in non-essentials,
liberty; in all things, charity.
(Psalms 133:1; Ephes. 4:3,13; Philip. 2:2-4; Titus 3:9;
1 Cor. 13:1-13)
Why COGSS.ORG ?
COGSS is an abbreviation for Church of God Scattered Saints.
- Revelation 14:12; 12:17 “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”
- Daniel 12:7 “…when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people (saints), all these things
shall be finished.”
Jesus Christ, the founder of the Church of God, instructs that biblical beliefs, teachings and practices would set apart His followers as a little, free, and persecuted group of people known as “called out ones”, “saints” and “holy people”.
- Luke 12:32 “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
- John 8:32 “The truth shall set you free.”
- John 17:17 “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
- Leviticus 20:26 “And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
- 1 Corinthians 1:2-3 “Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.”
The Church of God is the spiritual body of Christ
and supernaturally called by God (John 6:44). It is not a state religion,
corporation or building. When God’s people assemble together it is
organized and orderly (1 Cor. 14:33,40).
In challenging times and during persecution the saints may find themselves alone, few in number, and meeting in homes. We are reminded by the encouraging words of Jesus “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20) and “I will never leave you, nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).
Christ’s final instruction to His followers in Matthew 28:19-20
reads, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
In Revelation 22:20 we find Christ’s famous last words, “I come quickly” promising His
Second Coming and the establishment of the Kingdom of God on earth.
This is the hope of the saints, creation and all humanity.